Unauthorized withdrawal from my bank

EDL23
New Community Member
Listed product on Facebook marketplace First come first serve. Got many inquiries throughout the day This one gentleman Ask if I had paypal And he could just send the money and come pick up the item However I go into My account on paypal It's already listed as received but On hold. I immediately thought it was odd so I contacted paypal directly To just do a complete refund Of what he sent as I never accepted or declined it and the first place Per our conversation She noted to me that She When's able to refund it Back to him because it shows on hold on my account Still currently This morning I get up to a charge to my bank account via PayPal Of the amount That was supposed to be refunded $400 gentleman. My paypal account shows $388.04 on hold and the remaining balance of $11.96 was the only amount shown refund to this person. Yet nothing had been transferred in to my personal banking account. Please help 🙏🏻
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@EDL23 

Refunds can only be sent via cleared funds in a paypal balance OR via a bank account.

As any fee you paid to receive the funds is not returned as part of any refund that is made then you would not have enough in your balance for the total refund so it would have been taken from your bank account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.