Query

Lucythecat1
Contributor
Contributor

Before I could cancel my subscription to Grammarly today, the money had already been taken out by PayPal. The problem with this is that I cannot afford to pay for the subscription because converting it to Australian dollars is quite expensive (and not worth the money they are asking). I have gone in and cancelled my subscription with them today, thinking it would be the one that I had paid for today. But no, I have been informed that they do not give refunds.   The part that upsets me is that you get no prior notification that an amount of money is due on such and such a date from them. I live in Australia, and we always receive an initial warning that a bill is due on a certain date. I cannot remember the exact words, but Grammarly states a refund will only be given if the law says so.  I am sure that rule would apply in Australia.  Can anyone help with this matter?

Lucythecat      

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Lucythecat1 

That would be between you and the company to sort out, if the subscription is 'active' when Paypal is requested to pay the funds then of course that is what they will do.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.