How to cancel a transaction because of one being a duplicate?

mitchm59
Contributor
Contributor

While trying to change my shipping & billing address… since PayPal has them turned around… I made a mistake & reordered the same item. And since you can NEVER talk to a person… how do you cancel one of the orders… as I ONLY need one of the items? Thank you for your response.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mitchm59 

You contact the merchant you accidentally purchased from, cancel the surplus order and request that they issue a refund for that surplus order.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Martinjm
Contributor
Contributor
I ordered a new product and it didn't show that it was received by the seller, so I ordered the same product a second time. When I checked my account it showed that I had ordered the same product twice.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Hello @Martinjm

Welcome to the PayPal Community Forum! Sorry to hear there's been a bit of confusion regarding a recent order. As @kernowlass stated in reply to the previous post, it's best to reach out to the merchant to request a refund / request to cancel the duplicate order. 

Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause, 

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.