Can't top up my PayPal balance

lomaxe
New Community Member
Hello. I was faced with such a problem. When I want to add money to my PayPal balance, it offers me to link a bank account. But it's impossible because my country (Ukraine) is not on the list of supported IBAN countries. P.S. I created a PayPal account when I lived in Germany. Now I live in Ukraine. I have linked a credit card issued by my bank to my PayPal account, but I can't use it to top up my PayPal balance.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@lomaxe 

Paypal is country specific so if you move countries you have to open another paypal account in the country you reside in and add an address / phone number / bank accounts / cards from within that country.

You should really withdraw any funds / resolve issues / remove cards and bank accounts / cancel any subscriptions and close the old Paypal account before you move countries. If you don't then you may have problems doing so once you have moved and may need to contact customer services for help to resolve things.

You can't use a German paypal account in the Ukraine as a Ukrainian account has some restrictions as per below >>>

Paypal account holders in the Ukraine can now receive payments with the recent change of policy, but they are restricted to receiving only friends/family payments as per link.
https://www.paypal.com/ua/smarthelp/article/faq4646

You still can't do commercial transactions and receive goods/services payments. 

You would need to close your German account > open a Ukrainian account and funds any purchases via a card as you can't 'add' funds to a balance in your country unfortunately.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.