Been over a month and still have not received refund. Where is it?

28dayslate
New Community Member

I got a refund from a merchant and it was marked completed by Paypal on April 12th. It is now May 16th and I still don't see it in my bank/credit card statement. Where is it? I called my bank and they told me to contact Paypal. I contacted Paypal and they told me to contact my bank. I contacted my bank and they told me to contact Paypal. ETC

The other day the same merchant refunded me another amount and it went into my bank in just 3 days. How come that one came through and this one hasn't?

I wanna share an interesting difference I noticed between the 2 of these refunds (notification wise). Maybe this info is important?

When I was emailed and notified of the first refund (the one I haven't gotten in over a month), the wording in the email reads "merchant issued a $ refund".

When I was emailed and notified of the second refund by the same merchant, the wording in the email reads "Your refund of $ is on the way". And was given the ability to track the refund. The other refund, I wasn't given that option/button. 

So what's up? I don't understand

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.