you cannot use this card for this type of transaction

thmthoom
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there, I have business account and cannot receive payments . . .

When someone try to make a payments, there a message shown says "you cannot use this card for this type of transaction . . . . etc"

How to solve this issue ?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Anastasiia_27
Contributor
Contributor

Hello
Nice to meet you.
Could you please advise whether you found a sollution to your issue with inability of your customers to pay?
Thank you,

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Michael

Hello, @Anastasiia_27. Thanks for taking the time to add your question here on the PayPal Community Forum.

While I understand this situation could cause frustration, the best approach is to have a buyer/sender contact PayPal directly so they can receive assistance or guidance that applies specifically to their situation. Due to privacy and security rules, PayPal can't work with you to address a situation related to someone else's account.

The most common reason for seeing an error message like "you cannot use this card for this type of transaction" is the card issuer has restricted the use of the card. There is nothing PayPal can do to address that, however, and the buyer/sender will need to use a different card or perhaps a bank account to fund the payment. Another cause could be PayPal's Security System, but, again, the buyer/sender would need to work with Customer Service directly to address that.

I hope this is helpful. Thanks for being a part of the PayPal Community!

Sincerely,

Michael
PayPal_Michael

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.