Transfer from PayPal to personal bank account lost for 2 months

Letti83
Contributor
Contributor

I transferred money from my PayPal account to my personal bank account (approx USD 1,700) on 16 November and I have still not received the money. 

PayPal is not saying anything, not confirming anything, I cannot even have them confirm MY bank account number they transferred the money to. I have been in touch with at least 6 different customer agents through different messages and all they are saying is that the transfer was completed and that's all. I am not given any official transaction certificate, details, nothing. My bank is sending me to PayPal, PayPal is sending me to my bank and I feel completely helpless. Really, that's all? They lost my money and I am just left like this? What am I supposed to do to get my money? I am utterly disappointed and angry. Any suggestions on the next steps are welcome. Thanks. 

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

Letti83
Contributor
Contributor

Can PayPal provide a SWIFT certificate on the transaction I made from my PayPal account? Is there any kind of official transaction certificate they can issue to me? 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Letti83 

I cannot even have them confirm MY bank account number they transferred the money to.

You are the one that adds your bank account to your paypal account and confirms it.

So paypal withdraw the funds to the bank account that you select on withdrawing the funds.

Normally the last 4 numbers of the account show up before you click to withdraw those funds.

If they fail to complete they should bounce back to your balance, but if they have completed then there is nothing paypal can do about it as they have sent the funds to the bank you requested and they have completed.

Best speak to your bank?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Letti83
Contributor
Contributor

I am fully aware that I provide my bank account details and I link my card to my PayPal account. And it has not changed for ages. 

The only reason I asked them to confirm is to see if there has been a mess up, mistake, whatnot with the transfer so I wanted to see actual evidence on the transfer (which I am of course not given). I wanted to see if it was routed to correct bank account, etc. Just to have something in my hands. I keep going to my bank, I keep going to PayPal, they are both pointing fingers at each other, but without a single evidence on the transfer it is impossible for me to prove to my bank that this money has left my PayPal account. Again, complete dead end. But thanks. 

Login to Me Too

Bakari103
New Community Member

I have been using PayPal for years the only reason why use it is because it’s convenient.  Recently , money was sent to me the way it always is and it’s supposed to be sent in seconds that’s why we pay the extra fee.  This time it wasn’t. We were told it was sent through e-check which we never sent it through e-check and he could take 5 to 7 business days!  I have been waiting for my money and still continue to wait for my money I called and spoke to a manager I’m very disappointed with PayPal.  The only reason why use PayPal for it’s convenient if it’s not convenient then it’s a waste of my time!!!  I refuse to use the service again I’m telling all my friends and family not to use it and I’m very disappointed in this company if I was going to take 5 to 7 business days I could’ve went to the bank and gotten the money myself or used Another means of getting my money instead of the second rate unprofessional low budget system.  I despise PayPal right now because I have to wait seven days for something that could’ve taken seconds. It messed up my process in my account and I am thoroughly disappointed.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Bakari103 

Transfers from bank accounts are never instant as Paypal use electronic transfers ie echeques (cheaper but slower).

Funds normally leave your bank account from a few hours > few days later but they take several working days to clear through to the seller/Paypal as they go via ACH in batches.

Its called instant because normally Paypal credit the seller upfront and then Paypal take the wait for the funds to transfer, this is so you get your item without delay.

However there are times however when its you and the seller / recipient that take the wait for the echeque to clear and here are some of the reasons...

1. Back up card has expired or needs updating.
2. You have had a recent negative balance or failed bank transfer (so paypal are not going to credit the seller in advance in case it happens again).
3. For some high cost riskier payments / transactions.
4. Friends / family payments *funded from a bank account* as this option is free then its you that takes the wait this time.
5. Clearing a negative balance.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Letti83
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks.

I have not purchased anything and this was not a transfer from a bank account.

I had a balance of USD 1,700 on my PayPal account which I transferred to my personal bank account almost 2 months ago. I have still not received my money, so it is indeed several working days...

PayPal claims the money has left my paypal account so all good on their end. My bank says that since the money has not arrived to my bank account, I have to go to PayPal. Complete dead end. 

My back up card is fine.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Letti83 

My above reply re echeques was directed as you will see in my post to @Bakari103 and not to  you.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Bakari103
New Community Member

I hope you get your money....I am still waiting on my money.  If not file a complaint on Fair Shake.

Login to Me Too

mateotin
Contributor
Contributor

Hi. Do you already have your money? I have the same issue. I transferred from PP to my local bank last 11/9/2022. The status is already completed on PayPal's end but not reflected on my bank yet. I've been calling PP and advised me to go the bank which I did, the bank then will tell me to call PP. Its a cycle on going for more than 2 months. They dont know where my money is. Their system is so **bleep**ed up

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.