Transaction issue.

javidiaz17
Contributor
Contributor

Around this June I paypal'd my friend $1000 because I was in Korea and there was limitations as to what I could do with a Korean account. I was hoping he could receive the money and buy the things I needed for me instead. We did a goods and services transaction. Unfortunately he couldn't withdraw the money because he had to verify certain things, which he still can't, because he is still underage. He tried to refund the money but he also can't do that unless he verifies certain things. So naturally I claimed a dispute but it didn't go through. Now I have $1000 in limbo that no one can do anything about, and Paypal customer service is horrible because theres not really a person you can talk to. Can anyone help?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@javidiaz17 

Sadly thats the result of sending funds to an illegally opened underage Paypal account.

Which option did you use to send the funds ie friends/family or goods/services?

If you opened a dispute for non receipt of item which your friend did not challenge then you should have won and been refunded so all I can think is that you used the friends/family option OR opened an incorrect dispute?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

javidiaz17
Contributor
Contributor

I opened up a dispute, but it never went through. And now, I can't even see the transaction that was made on my account. Does this mean paypal will keep my money, or will it someday be refunded? It is currently sitting in my friends account and none of us have access to it. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.