Refunded Payment - Unnecessary | Possibly Cancelled Direct Debit

Xephanez
Contributor
Contributor

Hello PayPal Community,

I've been having an issue with my account payments/transactions.

I've made a few payments to companies by linking my bank card to PayPal. Transactions get auto-accepted and I receive my goods however when the money gets taken out of my bank account following the three days, PayPal refund it instantly? This means I've essentially paid nothing for my goods because I still have my money.

I don't understand why it's doing this. I've tried contacting customer service on PayPal and Facebook, queried all the options and tried searching this forum.

I don't want to be overcharged on items and have to repay it back at a later date, I don't want to get into trouble with PayPal I just want this to be sorted.

IMG_5589.jpg

Any advice?

Kind regards,

Melinda

edit part 2;

Upon further investigating, I must have cancelled my Direct Debit with PayPal by mistake before these transactions were made. If this is the case, how would I go about giving PayPal the refunded money? 

I do have my bank card linked, would they take it from there?

I have also re-established the Direct Debit too, just waiting for that to be authorised officially by my Bank. I did this the moment I could've realised this was an option. Would this incident affect my standing with PayPal?

Any advice or guidance would be helpful, thank you.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.