REFUND £80 UNSURE WHERE

abifairhurst_
Contributor
Contributor
payed £80 for tickets and did it over paypal depop. Girl then said it’s pending in her account so she will just refund and keep the tickets till she gets paper ones and can send them. Refunded but i haven’t got it and now i’m nervous
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@abifairhurst_ 

Did you get a refund email from paypal and does it show as refunded in your paypal account?

If so then............

If you funded the original Paypal payment to the seller from your bank account or a card then once marked refunded/completed it will automatically go back to that bank account or card.
Normally it can take a few days up to a week to go back to a bank account and a bit longer for a card, Paypal say allow 30 days for a card (1 billing cycle) but its rarely that long.
(Can vary according to country though).

https://www.paypal.com/uk/smarthelp/article/FAQ1212

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

abifairhurst_
Contributor
Contributor
says it’s been refunded to the bank but it’s been nearly 30 days on friday and still haven’t got it. expected it to be a lost faster and now i’m worried about where it is
Login to Me Too

PayPal_RebeccaN

Hey @abifairhurst_ 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the PayPal Community Forum! 

Thank you @kernowlass for your help 🙂 

If your refund has not yet been credited to your bank and 14 business days have passed, I would ask that you please reach out to your bank for some clarification. Following this, you can reach out to our customer service team to request that this refund is traced. 

To contact our customer service team, click 'Help' or 'Contact' at the bottom of any PayPal Webpage. 

You can also contact us via Facebook PM's or Twitter DM's. 
For Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal
For Twitter: @AskPayPal

I hope this helps, have a nice day! 

Rebecca 

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.