Pending Refunds

Sergiooo2021
Contributor
Contributor

I have a regarding Paypal refunds, so someone has issued a refund but it says pending and I will receive it on December 25. I've done some research about it and I found out that the seller doesn't have enough funds on his Paypal account balance to cover the refund so it will take $ from the seller's bank account so it would take days, that's why the refund is pending. However, I am worried that if the seller's bank account also doesn't have enough $ to cover the refund then the refund will be cancelled and I won't receive my $ back? If that so, am I basically scammed? 

hayst.png

So, my main question is, what if the seller doesn't have enough $ funds on his bank account, then the refund will be cancelled on December 25th, and I won't get my money back?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Sergiooo2021
Contributor
Contributor

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Bumping threads not allowed.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Sergiooo2021
Contributor
Contributor

I've read your other replies and pending refunds occur if the seller issued a refund from his linked bank account, that's why the refund is pending. My question is, what if the seller doesn't have enough $ balance on his bank account, will the refund get cancelled and I won't get refunded or what's going to happen?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Ayesha

Hello @Sergiooo2021,

Welcome to the community and thank you for your post.

I understand your concern about the refund. We start to process your refund as soon as the seller sends the refund to you. A pending refund usually means the seller is sending the payment directly from their bank account - depending on the banks involved, it can take up to 7 business days for a refund to be deposited to your PayPal account. Your money will be available when the payment status changes from “pending’ to ‘completed.’ If the payment fails, the transaction status will change from ‘pending’ to canceled’ and the amount will not be credited.

Thanks,
Ayesha

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.