Payments on hold due to my account being new

milosstojkovic
Contributor
Contributor

Hello there!

I've recently moved to Austria and opened up a PayPal account here. I am using PP because my employer (I work as a freelancer) only uses this platform for invoicing. I send invoices 4 times a month and since I've started the account all of my money has been put on hold for what seems like a random time period. Sometimes more and sometimes less (regardless of whether or not I submit the shipping info). My question is this - how long will it take before the payments come in directly into my balance and are not on hold? That is how it used to be for me while I lived back home, and it's very annoying that I have to wait for so long in order to use my funds. I need them quicker than what PP allows at this point. I need to pay for my rent and to buy groceries.

I've been submitting shipping information (even though I do not ship anything, I work as an independent writer). I've also asked for an extension on the amount of money that I can have coming in per invoice. These are all the steps that the help bar provided once I searched for additional answers.

Also, it's been past the 21-day mark that PP insists on.

I've liked PayPal before and now I'm having second thoughts. Should I just be more patient? 

Thank You in advance!

Kind regards,

Milos [removed]

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@milosstojkovic 

How long the new seller hold lasts is dependent on when paypal think you have built up a stellar seller reputation and they no longer need to hold the funds.

https://www.paypal.com/at/smarthelp/article/FAQ4730

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.