Payment to friends and family still pending

tats09
Contributor
Contributor

Every month I send some money to a family member overseas. The last 2 months, paypal has held the paypment on my side as "pending" for 10 days. My December payment was made on 20th December and it's showing as Pending until 30th December. I definitely selected Send to Friend or Family so why is PayPal doing this? I have been unable to find anything helpful in the FAQ.

Login to Me Too
52 REPLIES 52

Pay Pal had hold two payments for over 30 days , since August 6th-2020 until now Sep 9th, 2020. And not resolution. It was sent to me by relatives to help me, with friend and family option. We have used it for years. And for both parties shows pending. They are making interest on all that holds probably. Before if any review, they usually take 3 days. They said in amounts over 1 K is for 21 days. Mine is way lower than 1 K.  No explanation and no customer service. Unable to find someone over the phone or chat, only message and there is not resolution, just forward to other agents department. 

Login to Me Too

DarthBalka
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, it's 2021 and this issue is still an issue, friend of mine is sending me funds every week, literally at exact same time, Saturday about 10 am, he's using the same payment method, no changes at all, but I still got my payment pending, some of them are getting through, some of them are just staying pending. Nobody can tell me why I'd ask myself and my friend some questions but I know that all payments are made exactly the same.

So the final thing is to just wait. there is nothing we can do about it I guess. The system is just choosing which payments should go through instantly and which not.

Login to Me Too

Stef971
Same here, made a payment to my friend on February 5, and still says pending, already contacted PP through email, but no response
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.