Payment forwarded to closed bank account

verma-rohit80
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I received a fund and it was immediately forwarded to my closed bank account. Account was closed in 2018 and I forgot to remove it from my profile . Apparently PayPal has processed the payment and bank claims that they can't do much as the account is closed. 

Payment was processed on 31'st March and today its 7th. What should I do now ? I did raise a ticket with resolution center but Paypal closed it claiming that they have processed the payment. 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@verma-rohit80 

In that case if the funds fail to transfer they normally bounce back to your balance, then if you have removed the other bank account and have added and confirmed a new one they should auto transfer hopefully to the new one.

I would give it 14 business days and if no sign contact customer services for a trace.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@verma-rohit80 

Sorry but how can you have paid for an item in 2018 and been refunded in 2022?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

verma-rohit80
Contributor
Contributor

let me rephrase it :

1. An account that was closed in 2018 was still showing up in my profile. I forgot to remove it from my profile once I closed the account.

2. I received a fund in March as the account was already there in my profile it was immediately forwarded to that account. 

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@verma-rohit80 

In that case if the funds fail to transfer they normally bounce back to your balance, then if you have removed the other bank account and have added and confirmed a new one they should auto transfer hopefully to the new one.

I would give it 14 business days and if no sign contact customer services for a trace.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

verma-rohit80
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

It has been 17 days since the money got transferred to the dead account. I opened a case in resolution centre for a trace but they always close it stating that transaction is complete from their end.

Now how am I suppose  get a trace for a payment given that resolution if of no use. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@verma-rohit80 

read the last part of the last line in my above post.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

verma-rohit80
Contributor
Contributor

Well. i did read it. I even tried to contact customer service via messaging system but it seems they are always offline. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@verma-rohit80 

Contact options for each countries Paypal customer services are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.

1. Paypal phones when available (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.