PRIVACY: How to prevent Paypal from sharing user email address with shopping sites?

Adam864578
Contributor
Contributor

So Paypal has this super annoying habit of sharing email address with a site where you use Paypal. How do I prevent this? For example the other day I ordered something from Macy's paid with Paypal, Macy's cancelled the order but now has my email and has started spamming me for no reason. I did not give Macy my email but Paypal did and now I have to suffer Macy's ridiculous click bait emails for the rest of my life. Paypal should really allow a user to select what details are shared. The whole point of using Paypal is to bring a layer of safety between a selling site and a buyer but if Paypal freely distributes my personal data then its no use. I have nothing again Macy's but I use a different email for click bait sites like Macy's. Is there any way to prevent Paypal from sharing my email address or personal details when placing an order?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Adam864578 

Paypal gives the seller your email address to allow communication between buyer and seller if there are any issues.

If you scroll to the bottom of one of the Macy emails sent and click ''unsubscribe'' then you shouldn't get anymore.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.