On a new account, why is "transfer" not available?

TopoGiggio
New Community Member

I have just set up a new PayPal account that I need to keep specific records for separate from the one I already have.  I need to be able to load the account, but the "transfer" option under the wallet is not present - only my bank and debit card are listed (I verified this missing info by following the instructions from Help).  How can I transfer the money from my bank?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@TopoGiggio 

Firstly be careful as you are only allowed x2 paypal accounts if x1 is personal and the other x1 a business account, if you have x2 of the same 'type' you risk both being permanently limited.

Secondly if the personal account you have just opened has not been used to 'receive' a payment yet then you won't have a 'balance account'.

When you get a payment you get the option to set up a balance account OR have the funds auto-withdrawn to a bank account, select the balance option and then you will have the add funds option to add funds from a bank account to your balance.

https://www.paypal.com/us/cshelp/article/how-do-i-add-money-to-my-paypal-balance-from-my-bank-HELP11...

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

TopoGiggio
New Community Member

Is there a way around this?  I have contracted with a business which uses PayPal to receive payments, but I have to keep the information separate from my other account (for court documentation) - the other account is under a different email address.  I will not be using this to receive any payments (apart from refunds).  But I need to be able to transfer money into this current account to make a payment.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.