Money on hold due to increase in sales. How to get restriction removed quickly?

jschroeder
Contributor
Contributor

How can you expedite getting an account hold removed?

We've been with Paypal for over a decade with this business and two decades with others never had an account hold. Our business is highly seasonal and several post-COVID growth projects have come to a head leading to an outstanding January. February and March project to be even better but then the busy season will be over.

Paypal has put a hold on our account because of it, which seems incredibly stupid business. It's the most in fees we've ever generated for Paypal and now it's the first time we've considered switching to something like Stripe.

Here's the reason given for why our account is only hold...

"Why your money is on hold

PayPal is withholding (for maximum 21 days) any money above $XX,XXX.00 USD in sales each month because:
We noticed an unusually large increase in your sales activity."

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jschroeder 

You need to contact customer services to resolve any limitation or account specific issues.
Click help / contact bottom left of Paypal pages for options available for your country.

Or have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

jschroeder
Contributor
Contributor

Yes.

Here's the status on our account; they're still holding several thousand dollars despite no disputes on any of it and no disputes on the entire account in over two years...

"On 1/29/23, you requested an increase of the amount available to you. We’ll get back to you with an answer within 3 business days."

If you notice the date, that was over three business days ago.

I also Tweeted @AskPaypal on Sunday. I deleted the Tweet Tuesday after they hadn't replied because it's also our primary business Twitter account.

Login to Me Too

jschroeder
Contributor
Contributor

Finally got a smug guy on the phone.

The summary is, "we have a fiduciary to our shareholders, not you".

They really and truly do not care.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.