How can I prevent payments on HOLD for my instant download orders?

ZDotDesigns
Contributor
Contributor

I am integrating with WooCommerce for virtual products (instant download). The purchaser receives their receipt with their purchased download, however my funds are placed on HOLD. How can I prevent this? 

Thanks. 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_RebeccaN

Hi @ZDotDesigns

Welcome to the PayPal Community! 

I understand you are experiencing some payment holds, I appreciate this must be frustrating. 

The money still belongs to you. It is just unavailable temporarily as PayPal is following a common industry practice to help ensure a safe environment for both buyers and sellers.

As long as there are no problems with the transactions, you’ll have the money within 21 days or less. You can help to release the payment earlier by shipping items right away and adding tracking details on your Activity page. We'll release your payment 24 hours after the courier confirmed delivery to the buyer’s address.

If the held payment is for a service or intangible item (e.g. piano lessons, e-book), update the order status on your PayPal account and you'll get your money in 7 days. 

Your buyer may also have the option to 'Confirm Receipt' of the service/item provided. 

Here's how your buyer can confirm that they have received an item:

1. Log in to your PayPal account via PayPal.com
  2. Click Activity.
  3. Find and click the original payment for the item.
  4. Click Confirm Receipt.
  5. Click Yes to confirm that you received the order.

Note: This option will not appear using the PayPal App

I hope this helps, have a nice day! 

-Rebecca. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.