Link Customer prior payment to Invoice for balance due

BobDCoder
Contributor
Contributor

On my web site I use 2 (almost Identical) hosted buttons (White and Black) both  having only 2 options (deposit and pay in full) as I track and manage inventory in my database. 

However!

A customer choosing the option  Deposit requires me to send a PayPal invoice at some later date as to bill for the remaining balance. Spite the template I created,  Sending a custom invoice is very time consuming and difficult as I have to copy and paste the prior payment information to an invoice (including the Item# and option_selection#, customer and shipping address info, etc. Not to forget to mention having to research the customers prior transactions txn_id and verify all the information is correct and being sent to the correct customer via Invoice for the balance owed.

Will PayPal please create a quick link so that prior customers transaction can be imported to an invoice as to auto-magically  populate all the Customer info (especially shipping address),  Item_name/number,  Options_selections, mc_gross and other information?

A simple input box that would allow me to input the customers txn_id would suffice.

Oh, and all (customer address, option-selection, item#,etc , minus prior transactions info) pass to the IPN as well (as additional Fields as they appear originally in the hosted button send to the IPN), so I can process the update payments and append the new txn_ids information to my database. Its obvious that the information passed is used by every coder as conditions to trigger functions and such.

Just to note: (Per customer request) I have other situations where I might send an invoice for two or more products consolidated  to a New CUSTOMER, so it would be nice if there were options and selection fields available for invoices, not just quantity and cost. Again, that customer information is not in my database so the customers name billing/shipping address NEEDS to be sent to the IPN when paying by invoice.
My last live sale, the customers address was not sent to the IPN, even though the customer (a paypal member) made a prior deposit. What if it were a new customer, not in my database?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

BobDCoder
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry didnt see the hamburger menu to edit the above. then found it

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.