Enable the ability to have multiple physical security keys

2FIDOKEYSPLZ
New Community Member

Right now we can only add one security key to our accounts. This needs to changed, as soon as possible, to add at least two keys and preferably even more. Two is the minimum.

You have the ability to add ONE key and then another less secure 2FA method. This defeats the purpose of using a physical security key in the first place. Ideally, and really the only correct way to implement the extra security these keys give, is by disabling all text based codes and, even better, the app based ones too, although those are less problematic. However, if you disable text based ones you do need to have a secondary (or more) key registered as a backup.

You already did 99% of the work here. Just add the second slot. Thanks.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Praetor
New Community Member

I noticed this as well. After I added my first key I went to add my second one and it would not let me. I HATE that it requires a secondary that isn't a physical key. Right now mine is stuck as my phone number and I can't seem to get it changed. Even Twitter allows for more than one key and that is saying something. We need the ability to have two keys or more keys added.

Login to Me Too

MattTheTechLV

This NEEDS to Change! I just got an email from Paypal saying that I can now add FIDO2 Keys to my account. I immediately logged into my PayPal to start adding my Keys, as I have multiple, and I would like them all to be added to my PayPal account, only to find out that After I add one, it won't let me add more. This defeats the whole purpose of using Hardware Security Keys to begin with. We should be able to have multiple Keys For Backup in Case one Key is lost, and we should be able to remove our TOTP and Phone Number and replace it with Multiple Keys. Please Fix this Paypal, You are SO CLOSE to having good security, the feature is implemented, now you just need to implement it correctly, Please!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.