reinstating recurring billing after a refund

dtb
New Community Member

I used the shopping cart of 1AutomationWhiz.com to manage my client order (integrated with Paypal) and it was set up for a trial period before recurring billing started. 

However, when my client ordered, the charge went through from Paypal straightaway.  My cart provider then informed me that Paypal doesn't allow for delayed billing (which was frustrating for all kinds of reasons!).  So I refunded my customer the initial payment via Paypal but now I don't know how to reinstate the recurring billing without getting my client to go through the sign up process again (and risk losing them!).  They have had a month of service with no payment and I am concerned I will end up with no payment!

Can I re-instate the billing without having to go back to my client?  If so, how???

And - is what my shopping cart provider tells me correct?  I'm not sure if I need a new payment provider or a new shopping cart provider, but I have to solve this problem somehow before I go out of business!!

I hope someone can help - and quick.  Next payment is already due.  Because it was set up for recurring billing at the outset, I was hoping it would resolve itself through either Paypal or my shopping cart, but it hasn't.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Wayne

Hi there,

Apologies for the delay in replying but I thought it best to reply so others get to see the answer. Hopefully it may help them as well as yourself.

We don't allow for delayed billing I'm afraid so your cart provided is correct in that.

I'm afraid it is down to your customer to set up the subscription again, you are unable to do without them beginning the process.

I hope this helps

Wayne

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.