Cancelling a monthly transaction

Fs10ss
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I recently brought something online not realising that part of the "deal" meant that I was signed up for £35 a month membership!! I cancelled this with the vendor after the first payment went out, only to have this months money go out. 

The bank have told me to cancel the membership with PayPal. However, the instructions Paypal give to close an account don't match up to their site. I.e., settings, under account options find close your account, find account and cancel..... there is no close account option on my PayPal.

should I close down my whole account (if the option is available) and either re open it with different details or go old school and buy things without the use of PayPal.

thanks

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Fs10ss

Click on the profile tab (cog icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > and under "manage upcoming payments" top left of page second option down is pre-approved payments.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.