Pending (PLEASE HELP!)

DylanR00

My mom just opened my student account last night and put 50$ in it. Its been a day and it still says pending, and she says it hasn't showed up on her bank records... Uhh does it take a long time for first timer? Please help!

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

LukeG
New Community Member

Im having the same problem...My parent transferred 20$ from her bank account two days ago to my Paypal account and it still says pending. Is it going to take this long to transfer money in the future because this is excessive.

Login to Me Too

RosioA
New Community Member

I think that it takes that long to process if your mom's bank accounts or debit/credit cards are not verified via paypal..It will be easier if she gives you a debit student account through bank of America..Its the same thing but the accounts are linked together and she can do automatic transfers into your accounts as if she was just transferring money into another one of her accounts. Its really easy and a lot faster than the paypal student account.

Login to Me Too

tonyfouch007
Contributor
Contributor

Yes! You may never see it.

Login to Me Too

Lisamg57
Contributor
Contributor

Check whatever emal that was used for paypal and answer their questions. Your account will be started.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi DylanR00, LukeG, and RosioA. Welcome to the forums!

When your parent goes to add funds to your student account, they're presented with available funding sources for that action. If there are no funds in their balance, it may be that the only other funding source available for the transfer is eCheck. If that's the available funding method, your parent will see messaging that tells them of the timeframe and even allows them to cancel the process before it's complete.

One of the solutions I can recommend is that your parent can maintain a balance in their account. If the funds are on hand and available, they can be added instantly from their balance to yours, without waiting for an eCheck to clear.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

tonyfouch007
Contributor
Contributor

I must warn you. You may never see it.

Login to Me Too

Lisamg57
Contributor
Contributor

Whatever email was used check that. Reply with what questions that paypal gives you on that email and you will have your account started.Man Very Happy

@DylanR00 wrote:

My mom just opened my student account last night and put 50$ in it. Its been a day and it still says pending, and she says it hasn't showed up on her bank records... Uhh does it take a long time for first timer? Please help!

Login to Me Too

azorijuma
New Community Member

arta
Contributor
Contributor

I am parent with two student accounts. I've been very pleased with paypal, but recently the instant transfers have been delayed 3 to 5 days.

I recieved a telephone call from paypal, no message. I promply returned the phone call and the represenative had no idea why they called, did offer to transfer me to some who did and said I would just have to wait for a call back.

I just recieved a link to rate my experiance. Upon completing it, there was a link to contact customer support relating to this experiance.

This is the response I recieve upon clicking on the link.

You have requested an outdated version of PayPal. This error often results
from the use of bookmarks.

I am not one to complain, but this experiance has been extremely disapointing and it is very doubtful that I will continue to use paypal or recomend it to others.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.