What is up with shipping?

jen563
New Community Member

Everytime I try to ship womthing through paypal, it says "Shipping through paypal is unavailable". Whats going on? And WHEN IS THIS GOING TO BE FIXED? Am I the only person having this problem?

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

Nikumon
Contributor
Contributor

You are not the only one.  I have the same issue and it is becoming very annoying.  It have already had to void one label because I reached the maximum number of reprints trying to get my label that I payed for printed.  They definitely need to fix this asap or add some sort of status update if their shipping services is going to be unavailable.

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

When you use paypal shipping, it's best to have an alternative handy.

Stamps.com will give you the same discounts you get on paypal.  endicia costs something per month, but the convenience factor makes it all worthwhile - I use that.

In the worst case, you can always go to USPS.com or the counteer at the post office to mail stuff and enter the tracking numbers manually.

Login to Me Too

reddragon
Contributor
Contributor

Download Shipping Assistant from usps.com and print labels without postage.  Then you can add stamps or take the package to the PO to buy postage.  You can always buy stamps on eBay at a discount.

I realize I've given this answer several times, but it's the way I print labels, and it works.  You get free dilivery confirmation with priority mail, and only 19c for delivery confirmation on 1st class, parcel post, and media mail.  You can enter the confirmation numbers into PayPal.  True, it is a little more work than using PayPal shipping, but without all the problems.

I ship 1000s of packages a year and I do buy postage on eBay.  You can often find postage at 10% to 20% off, sometimes more.

Login to Me Too

reddragon
Contributor
Contributor

ok, then why are we paying for paypal services again?

It's alot more work to use alternate methods to get postage, label, ship, etc.

Part of the reason I even use Paypal is that it is "fairly" convenient for shipping.

So I give them my transactions fees and still have to do the work elsewhere?

Also going to the post office costs more in postage, gas, etc.

The closest UPS center to me is 15 miles away (one way), and then I don't get my powerseller discount

Login to Me Too

JKLBooks
Contributor
Contributor

I agree we need to have an alternative and thanks for the suggestions.  However, I don't believe anyone has answered the original question of when will it be fixed?  I'm receiving that message today and have been for 3 days.

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

@JKLBooks wrote:

I agree we need to have an alternative and thanks for the suggestions.  However, I don't believe anyone has answered the original question of when will it be fixed?  I'm receiving that message today and have been for 3 days.

This issue has been going on for months and, on some other sites, eg, paypal Canada, for years.

I don't think anybody knows what the problem is, frankly.

Login to Me Too

WDWTigger72
New Community Member

I am a little late here, but have been receiving the same message intermittently on one specific address I am sending to.  By any chance, Between the person's confirmed shipping address do they have a foward slash (/) between their five digit and four digit zip code (for example, 01234/0123 instead of 01234-0123).  I just noticed out of all the people I have shipped to recently this was the only person to have a forward slash.  Before receiving the error I was printing labels fine, and after getting the error I was able to print other shipping labels fine, but I receive that same error message for that one person.  I already emailed Paypal tech support about the issue and also emailed the member, but may have to seek USPS website out.  Changing the confirmed address also from a forward slash (/) to a dash (-) states I would not be covered under Paypal's Seller Protection Policy.  I know many programming languages do not know how to interpret a forward slash (/) when it expects another character to be used, so hopefully they can fix it on paypals side.  Just curious though to see if the person your attempting to create the shipping label also has a forward slash in the zip code information?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.