USPS Labels not printing

jwattvo
Contributor
Contributor

I have been receiving the following errors when trying to print postage for a USPS:

The webpage at https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_ship-usps-label&shipment_id=9TG51046179327523 might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

Error 100 (net::ERR_CONNECTION_CLOSED): Unknown error.

I know there are have been long term issues with UPS labels but what is the solution for this?  I've created and "voided" 5 labels - after trying the max amount to print I do receive the message that I've exceeded the # of times to print.

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

Reamer
Contributor
Contributor

I'm receiving this same error. My labels never print the first time and I always have to rely on reprinting them. Now whenever I try this I get the same error as you are seeing. They need to fix this ricky-tick cause I have to ship my package tomorrow.

Login to Me Too

khathaway
Contributor
Contributor

I haven't been able to print labels at all tonight.. and I have already promised these packages to go out tomorrow.  Looks like I am going to have to see if my post office is open tomorrow and just pay there, and give my buyers new tracking numbers... This is crazy.. they need to get this fixed, I have auctions ending tomorrow too. 

Login to Me Too

Reamer
Contributor
Contributor

If you print through eBay then it works. But for sales not on eBay then it seems like you're SOL at the moment. I tried printing my label through here and once it failed I had to void it then go to eBay and pay and print it there. Luckily my package will go out though.

Login to Me Too

jwattvo
Contributor
Contributor

@ Reamer, this label is for a sale on half.com ( which is ebay, right?).  I actually use the link on half.com to print shipping label and it redirects me via paypal ( which is also ebay, right?).

At present my error message has changed to "Shipping not available, sorry for inconvenience" - at this point it looks like I'll have to void & use the post office...

Login to Me Too

Reamer
Contributor
Contributor

I've never even looked on half.com so I don't have any personal experience with it. Heck, I just started selling on eBay. Sorry I couldn't help though. It's on PayPal's end though, when you try to print through them it uses a PayPal URL and eBay uses an eBay URL, not a redirect like half.com. So it's not eBay and it's not USPS, it's all PayPal's problem.

Login to Me Too

rlarick
Contributor
Contributor

WOW.   this is the 3rd thread that I have replied to, in addtion to the new thread I created regarding 

Error 100 (net::ERR_CONNECTION_CLOSED): Unknown error.

Chrome has been working just fine for eBay sales however coincidently I am having a problem with printing a label to a confirmed address from a sale outside of eBay. Normally in the past I hand wrote labels and wasn't aware of the option to print a label until I saw it today.   

IT DOESN"T WORK!!!

and neither does this board, seeing how many of these threads there are with the key words Error 100 in the search.  I still haven't found a solution.  grrrrrrr   I have voided 2 labels already, I am on my third...  This is nuts!

HELP!   I am running the Adobe repair.  I guess I'll try IE..  Not going to try FF since I picked up a nasty Google redirect that my $100 virus software won't fix with out paying another $100 for special services!  lol

Login to Me Too

rlarick
Contributor
Contributor

If anyone reads these threads the problem is with PayPal not configuring for Chrome.  Chrome seems to work just fine from eBay.   I opened IE, went to paypal went to details on the USPS payment and clicked reprint and it printed just fine.

PAYPAL PLEASE FIX THIS     CHROME IS A MUCH BETTER BROWSER< VERY STREAMLINED _ NO FRILLS BROWSER.

IE IS VERY BUGGY _ LOADED WITH JUNK NEVER USED

FF IS PRONE TO GOOGLE REDIRECT VIRUS THAT HASN"T BENN FIXED YET.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.