PLEASE HELP! How do I add more options to Shipping Rule?

GKCreative
Contributor
Contributor

Please be gentle with me, as I am new to trying to use PayPal buttons with any kind of actual shipping options defined (I do have a couple of older "BUY NOW" buttons, where I'd actually rolled the shipping cost into the actual cost of the item & then showed zero shipping, so I also know I am going to change those, once I get the correct shipping rules set up in PayPal!!). 

I am finally trying to set up some ADD TO CART buttons on my blog, so I can stop manually typing &  sending so many invoices & so many back & forth emails responding to shipping to shipping amount questions every day, because frankly, I simply can't keep up with up with it all!!  In order to do so, I need to set up shipping "rules" in my PayPal account (non eBay!!). After much inner debate, I've decided to do it by Total Order Amount (dollar amount).  But, when I try to add the options I want, it will only give me a certain number of them & no more.

I actually need a total of 7 different variables as follows (and these are dollar amounts):

0.01 -   5.00 = x.xx (where x.xx equals the dollar amount of the shipping charge for any total from $0.01 through $5.00, etc.)

5.01 - 10.00 = x.xx

10.01 - 20.00 = x.xx

20.01 - 30.00 = xx.xx

30.01 - 49.95 = xx.xx

50.00 - 74.99 = xx.xx

75.00 and up = FREE SHIPPING

Could someone please help me figure out how the heck to enter all these, because PayPal is only allowing me to enter 5 of these 7 options, & on the last (the 5th) option, which I want to be $30.01 -  $49.95, instead it automatically fills in the words "and up" where I want it to say 49.95. Plus, it won't give me any additional fields to add the rest of the other 2 options I want (50.00 - 74.99= xx.xx, & 75.00 and up=FREE SHIPPING).  I am soooooo thoroughly exhausted from trying to make all this work, (including the Free Shipping!!), especially because I am not a "code" person, I really don't know any HTML or CSS, except the very basics such as how to underline or make something bold, etc.

Another question I have is when I create my ADD TO CART buttons, is there any way to make them a different color, such as pink, to match my site (www.glendascreativeplace.com)??

And since I am now doing all these buttons as "ADD TO CART", can someone tell me where the customer goes once they have clicked on whichever items they want to add in order to get to their "cart"?? Will it show somewhere up at the top of my site for them, or...??

As you can see, I REALLY, REALLY need some serious help. 

Thanks so much in advance for the kind help & assistance I see offered here all the time!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Barbie97
Contributor
Contributor

I had this same problem! I was told that PayPal is not equipped to do more than 5 shipping options.

I had to go thru my osCommerce and download Paypal Standard to get it to work.

Good luck!

Login to Me Too

GKCreative
Contributor
Contributor

@Barbie97 wrote:

I had this same problem! I was told that PayPal is not equipped to do more than 5 shipping options.

I had to go thru my osCommerce and download Paypal Standard to get it to work.

Good luck!

Thanks Barbie. 

I hate to sound like the newbie that I am, but what is an OSCommerce?  And is the PayPal Standard you refer to some sort of software program?If so, where do we get that?

TIA~

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.