How Do I Print 2 Labels When I Can't Combine Shipping Into 1 Box?

lsasunset
Contributor
Contributor

I have one bidder who won 2 of my eBay auctions.  In both listings, I stated that due to the size & dimensions of the items, I could not combine shipping.  That was fine and the buyer agreed and paid for 2 separate boxes to be shipped.

Now it comes time to print the shipping label(s).  I need 2 labels, one for each box.  On the eBay side, it automatically combines the 2 items on the "Sold" page and gives me one button to "Print Shipping Label."  That takes me to PayPal where again, the 2 items are combined and only allows me to print one label.

I tried PayPal's Multi-order shipping, but I didn't see any way to do it there, either.

How do I separate these 2 items in either eBay or PayPal so I can print 2 shipping labels?

Am I missing something obvious or is there really no way to separate 2 shipments?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

sam_n
Contributor
Contributor

I am not sure how to do it in PayPal as I use ebay shipping labels.

After you print 1st label, on the confirmation page it shows an option "Buy additional label for this order" and you can buy second label. Both the labels will be attched to the same order.

Also, after you print 1st label for the order, you can go to "Track and manage shipments" page and click on "Print another label" to print second label.

If you are not using ebay labels, you can opt-in from "My eBay", Account, site prefernces, shipping and select the checkbox "Print shipping labels on eBay".

Hope it helps.

Login to Me Too

lsasunset
Contributor
Contributor

I did look at the eBay shipping label webpage and while its laid out differently, it asks for the same information.  I think once you click on Continue to actually print the label, you would see the same USPS web pages (just using USPS as an example).

But your reply begs a question.  You said after you print the first label...  Where does it tell you before you print the first label, that you will even have the option to print more labels?  How would I know that, if I'm trying to do this for the very first time?  Do you get my meaning?

Thanks,

Gary

Login to Me Too

sam_n
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, I get it. There is no inidcation before printing first label for the order that you can print two labels for the same order.

Will be nice to have the functioanlity where you can specify number of labels for an order and print them together.

Login to Me Too

lsasunset
Contributor
Contributor

"Will be nice to have the functioanlity where you can specify number of labels for an order and print them together."  Boy, you got that right!  I went through every screen I could find looking for an answer.  I wasn't willing to print the first label without knowing first if I could print the second one, so I never got to that screen.  The other problem I've had with the PayPal website is they have a very short inactivity timer and it ends your session and logs you out.  In the past, I've left the PC to get weight or box dimensions and if I take too long, by the time I get back, I've been logged out.  If that had happened between printing label 1 and label 2, I'd really be in a mess!

How dumb is that!  Who's their web designer?!?

Its like I have to jump off the cliff first, before I can find out if a safety net has been set in place to catch me.

By the way, thank you so much for answering me and explaining.  I never would have taken the "leap of faith" to print that first label without knowing beforehand if I was going to be able to print the second one.  But sure enough, right after printing the first label, there it was on the next screen - print more labels for this order.

I got my 2 boxes shipped - I'm a happy camper Smiley Happy

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.