Can't purchase additional insurance for international shipment

sonofagun231
Contributor
Contributor

It seems I can't purchase additional insurance coverage (over that based on weight alone) when printing and paying for a USPS International Priority Mail shipment (Canada specifically).   Am I missing something or do you have to go to an actual Post Office to do this?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sam_n
Contributor
Contributor

eBay shipping labels have an option to buy Shipcover insurance for international shipments. Checkout www.shipcover.com

This feature has been rolled out to few sellers and will be widely available before holiday season per ebay 10.3 release notes.

Login to Me Too

theClifdenGroup
New Community Member

This doesn't answer the question... and shipcover.com is not an ebay site. So thanks for the irrelevant reply sir!

I just noticed the same issue, although it says you need to goto the PO to purchase insurance, you are able to purchase a label at usps.com and specify additional insurance coverage.

Seems odd, so if anyone has an intelligent reply, please help us.

Login to Me Too

Starbuy
New Community Member

This has been an ongoing problem for eBay and PayPal users who wish to print their shipping labels through eBay or PayPal not only for the discount (which you can also get through USPS.com), but also for the sake of the auto tracking for the buyer and seller. Yes, you can manually enter tracking information if you don't print labels through PayPal, but that can be time consuming. Unfortunately, eBay has NOT allowed ShipInsure option for everyone. In fact, there are very very few that have ever gotten to use it. So, we must buy & print our labels and customs forms online, use up our ink, paper and time only to have to purchase the additional insurance at the post office AND some of them also charge the difference you would have paid without the discount. They say since they had to do some work they must take away your online discount, even though you had NO option to purchase the additional insurance online through PayPal. I spoke with a Post Master and the problem lies solely with PayPal since USPS.com does allow purchasing of additional insurance, but PayPal does not have their system set up that way.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.