Will sender incur a cash advance fee?

BrightSolutions
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I work for a veterinarian from Candada.  We are looking for a convenient method for him to pay me, and I already have a paypal account.  The problem is that he is concerned that if he pays me through paypal he will incur a cash advance fee on his Visa card.  He is considering payoneer instead, but I'd like to stick to paypal if possible.  Does anyone know if this is true?  I know I will incur international fees, etc. and that he can assign the fees to me which is fine, but I need to make sure that if he pays me through his Visa for services that he will not receive a cash advance fee.  Any help would be great 🙂

Thanks!

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

I don't think he'll be charged for them, but it would be best for him to phone the VISA Customer service center and check ( the number is on the back of the card).

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

Since you're going to have fairly large amounts of cash in your Paypal account if he does this, it might be a good idea for you to get a Paypal Security key - it makes your account hijacker-proof.

It's $5, available from the Security Center, if you're interested.

Login to Me Too

BrightSolutions
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for the tip.  I will have him call his card first.  That's a great idea.  Also, hijacker proof?  I will check into this today.  Never hurts to have more security.

Thanks again!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.