To all members tell Pay Pay to Keep our Plug-In

RussG
Contributor
Contributor

After September 22nd the PayPal Plugin will no longer function!

Why? PayPal says to better serve us!

I love the way companies will take away something you love, and say it is to better SERVE! You!

I call BS

If you do not know what the PayPal Plugin was, it was a way to:

Auto Fill address in forms (which I used Constantly)

But the most important is to Generate Random Credit Card Numbers for a secure Transaction!

This was So AWESOME I could shop online secure and knowing that even if the place I bought the Item got hacked, I could delete the Credit card I generated and have no worries.

With out the CC Generator, if I see a unauthorized bill, I have to report it and go throw all the time wasting steps to clear the fact that I didn't buy it.

How is removing this feature HELPING US?

Please PayPal Do not take away are Plug-In

Respond to this thread and write to paypal

We need to keep this to keep us SAFE!

Russ G

Login to Me Too
27 REPLIES 27

RussG
Contributor
Contributor

It is working again now,
I created some Mulit use cards

Hopefully they won't get deleted on the 22nd 😞

Russ

Login to Me Too

Drumshhh
Contributor
Contributor

RussG - any Secure Cards that you create now will cease to function after 9/22. That's what the FAQ said, anyway. You'll need to use an alternate payment with any vendor that is now set up with a multi-use Secure Card.

Oh, and this BLOWS. I use Secure Cards all the time. It's the most secure way to make online payments. PayPal certainly isn't helping us by taking this useful feature away...

Login to Me Too

Mrsgasman13

is both the auto fill and the gernerate secure card going away?

Login to Me Too

Ausable46
Contributor
Contributor

It would appear so...Smiley Sad

@Mrsgasman13 wrote:

is both the auto fill and the gernerate secure card going away?

Login to Me Too

LonW
Contributor
Contributor

I use this Plugin all the time.  Not all web site take PayPal.

Login to Me Too

rocky321
Contributor
Contributor

HERE, HERE!!!!!!!! Getting rid of it to serve us better? BS! PayPal is obviously not making money off the plug in. I love this feature. Very safe way to buy on line. I say boycott PayPal if they get rid of it. They gave us a month's advance warning to see the response they would get. We also gave Hiroshima a months warning! Cut the BS PayPal and leave the plug in alone!!!!!!

Login to Me Too

azents

I am highly disappointed in this PayPal move....  Smiley MadWe use Secure Cards at least weekly.!! I suggest we post alternatives here if there are any.... Maybe some competion and losing customers might make PayPal reconsider...

Login to Me Too

Mykell
Contributor
Contributor

Such actions seem to be the course for Paypal. Bad decisions followed by worse ones and the worst support on the planet to help you adapt. Now, one of the most popular and useful features for paying securely is going away because, in their own words, "we're shifting our focus and resources to more popular products". WTF was more popular?? 

After fighting with support for a year to get my home address "verified" (they can't because of a computer glitch) none of their stupid decisions surprises me. 

This was the reason I used paypal. **bleep**, I'll just use my credit card from now on. What advantage does Paypal offer now?

Login to Me Too

SadPluginUser

Everone should call

How is removing this feature HELPING US?

Please PayPal Do not take away are Plug-In

Respond to this thread and write to paypal

We need to keep this to keep us SAFE!

Everyone should write, email or call Paypal.  This level of service is unacceptable.  I am looking for alternative ways to generate a random credit card number for one time use.  I believe American Express has something similar. Shame on you Paypal for making our accounts less secure. 

Login to Me Too

techman5003
Contributor
Contributor

How can you even think that a debit card which can be stolen and reused over and over again can ever take the place of a card that is only authorized for one use? Pay Pal is not accepted on most internet shopping sites (at least the ones I go to). It was SO convenient to use the plugin (and much safer than any other method). I know I cannot avoid using Pay Pal but they will get considerably less of my business without the plugin.

Disgruntled in Texas

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.