please help me :)

beamer43
Contributor
Contributor

hello, its my first time on here, i sold something on ebay and the buyer payed via paypal, i sent the item and now hes trying to reverse the payment but to respond i have to have proof ive sent it which i do not have. i think hes trying to scam me, if i dont have proof is there anything i can do?

thanks

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Do you mean he has filed a dispute for non receipt of item ie item lost in the post ?? 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

beamer43
Contributor
Contributor
It was a digital item and he filed it under unauthorised account activity
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Arda

Hi beamer43,

Welcome to PayPal UK community page.

I understand your concern. I am afraid we don’t offer PayPal seller protection for digital goods.

We can only cover payments that have been sent for tangible, physical goods, which can be posted and tracked through the postal system to confirm delivery. Our Seller Protection excludes all other payments, including payments for intangible goods or services, licenses and other virtual content because we’re unable verify the delivery of such an item or service.

To learn about the specific conditions of our Seller Protection, simply visit www.paypal.co.uk, click 'Legal Agreements' near the bottom of the page. Then, select 'User Agreement for PayPal Service'.

I hope this info answers your questions. I am here to help if you have further questions.

Thanks for posting!

Arda

Login to Me Too

beamer43
Contributor
Contributor
So in other words, anyone who buys any digital items can then claim back from PayPal with no questions asked and scam the seller?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Yes, you are allowed to accept paypal for digital items but entirely at YOUR OWN RISK.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.