paypal fees don't add up?

peachy7
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I'm on a merchant rate of 3.4% plus the standard 20p. Ive been working out my payments and im being charged more than this. For instance on one transaction i was paid £317.59 including shipping. i work it out that i should have been charged £10.79 plus the 20p taking my total recieved to £306.60 but ive been left with £301.83. Am i missing something or not doing it right? I basically times 317.59 by 3.4% and then deduct that amount (£10.79) from the 317.59 then minus the additional 20p. simples. But is that right? Even with an added cross border fee at an additional 1%, it still doesnt work out. Any help would be appreciated, I'm sure i am gonna kick myself when someone tells me how wrong ive been. Thanks.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Nigel_G
New Community Member

Hi,

I seem to be having the same problem. Did you get an answer?

I have a transaction recently of £29.99.

3.4% of this is 101.01966 pence ... rounded the 1.02.

Add 20p and my fee should be £1.22.

Hoever the fee charged is £1.37?

Checking back, it seems all my transactions have been overcharged!?

Regards

Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

Hi Nigel_G, 

Welcome to the PayPal community forum Smiley Happy. New members are always welcome.

When received funds on PayPal, our standard fee is 3.4% + 0.020GBP however our fees can vary depending if there is a currency conversion or if the payment received is a cross border payment. I have calculated your payment fee's as you have listed it here and it seems you were charged 3.9% +0.20GBP.  This fee is charged when the payment received is a card payment or is a cross border payment.

Please see our fees link at the bottom of every PayPal page or you can just click here

I hope this helps explain 

Paula 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.