immediate payments?

raquel44
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

jus checking out the process. Im expecting to recieve a £300 deposit for my van into my paypal account. Is the invoice sent instantly? So how soon wiil payment show in my account? want to chek this before I hand any keys over.....and how soon will I be able to withdraw this amount?

help please !!  R

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

You are mad in my opinion to be accepting paypal for a car as there is no seller protection on paypal for motor vehicles.

You can do so of course but it would be far better and less risky to accept bank transfer or cash once the buyer has seen and is happy with the car...........also no paypal fees.

Also be aware of this scam >>>>>

Car Scam.

Be VERY careful selling cars/large items if the buyer is keen to use paypal and states they are working abroad or sending to a friend etc and need a shipping agent to pick it up..

You then get a FAKE paypal email saying you have been paid extra so you can pay the shipping agent for them via western union / moneygram and the payment is released to you after you have done that.

It is a scam to get that western union / moneygram payment, they don't want your car and the shipping agent is just a scam to get that payment.

Paypal would never expect you to use a rival payment service.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

raquel44
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your reply,,it is only a deposit ,,i have requested the rest of the cash on collection.

i might just suggest he pays all on collection??

thanks for the warning about the scam      regards R

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.