Receiving money from someone who doesn't have a paypal account

Chris-I
Contributor
Contributor

If I send someone a paypal invoice, are they able to pay it using a debit or credit card if they do not have a paypal account ?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

the invoice is sent to their email account and they are invited to open a paypal account to pay it.

someone can only pay you direct if you are a uk registered business and have paypal set up to receive direct payments.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/standard

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Chris-I
Contributor
Contributor

When you say the customer 'is invited to open a paypal account to pay it' does this mean that if they do not have a paypal account and do not wish to create a paypal account they are unable to use a debit or credit card to make the payment ?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Arda

Hi Chris-l,

I am here to answer your question. You need to create a PayPal account first to pay PayPal invoice.

If you do not have a PayPal account, you can pay the Money Request or Invoice by following these steps:

1. Check your email inbox.
  2. Click on the link in the Money Request/Invoice.
  3. If you do not see a link, copy and paste the URL into your browser window.
  4. Click the 'Click Here' button if you have never previously paid through PayPal.
  5. Click 'Continue' and follow the online instructions to complete your payment.

I hope this not causing any inconvenience. Thanks for posting 🙂

Arda

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.