Receiving Multiple Small Payments

jitsurugby
New Community Member

How Does Paypal Handle Receiving Multiple Small Payments of say £1 each time. What charges would I incur each time?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_paula

Hi jitsurugby and welcome to the PayPal community forum. We are glad you could join us. 

PayPal offer a separate fee structure for Verified Business/Premier merchants who only accept small UK to UK payments.

The fees are 5% + 5p per transaction compared to 3.4% + 20p which is the standard rate. 

It is most financially beneficial to you if you accept payments under £9 for accounts with the Micropayment fee structure. For this reason it may be advisable to have a separate account for the small or ‘Micropayments’.

Here’s how you can sign up for micropayment pricing:

1. Go to our micropayments website at https://micropayments.paypal-labs.com
  2. Click ‘Signup.’
  3. Select the appropriate country.
  4. Click ‘Login here.’
  5. Enter your PayPal account password and click ‘Log in.’

Allow 2 business days for the micropayment pricing to take effect.

Note:

Micropayment pricing applies to all transactions regardless of the transaction amount. For example, with micropayments pricing, it would cost 25p to receive a £4 payment and it would cost £1.05 to receive a £20 payment. 

I hope you find this information useful and please keep us updated as it may help other members

Paula 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.