Received a payment but something has gone wrong.

Burtbackerack
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, so I received a relatively small sum of money and am just wondering what has happened even if only to help me understand PayPal better.

So I logged into Paypal after not using it for a while (except for purchasing random things online using my bank account linked through paypal) expecting to find the money I had just recieved and then withdraw it to my bank account. But I found that my paypal balance was much lower than expected and that it had performed a "Conversion to Cover Negative Balance".

After seeing this, I am wondering if I have somehow had accumlated a negative balance through paypal even though anything I buy through paypal comes straight out of my bank account. I can see the amount I somehow owe Paypal taken from my main bank account through online banking.

I am somewhat confused by it all, I seem to have payed the correct amount from my bank account as it has been taken out by the various purchases with reciepts to show that. And then on my paypal page are the same purchases being counted as Negative balance even though I have payed, it seems I am somehow paying for the same products twice over since paypal has taken the money I recieved and counting it towards this negative balance.

Sorry if this is a confusing mess and there is a simple answer to it I am competely overlooking. If anyone can help me understand, that would be great.

Cheers.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi Burtbackerack,

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum and welcome as a new member!

Your query is very account specific and would require a review of your Account Activity. Please contact us by phone, email, Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK/ or Twitter - @AskPayPal

- Siobhan

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.