Pending balance

tommaume
New Community Member

My friend is going to send me around £300 via invoice or goods and services - will this money be kept in pending? Will I be able to instantly access it? I have a verified account. 

Thanks

Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@tommaume

Firstly if it is really a friend and you are not selling anything then why are they sending it goods / services.

Secondly BUYERS don't send invoices only SELLERS. So alarm bells are ringing when you mention sending an invoice from a buyer.

And finally if you are a new seller then yes you may be subject to the new seller hold.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

888noxxi

you know its funny, i see you saying this on a lot of posts here.

I am i'm still subject to pending payments for no reason at all, the last excuse i got from paypal was basically that the buyers often file disputes so in order to protect me (in order to protect paypal from awkward buyers at the sellers expense) they held the funds.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@888noxxi

I can only give you facts as to how the system works.

That does not mean that i accept all the reasons for the hold.

I just post the reasons why it happens.

But don't worry i won't bother to give up my time to try and help you in the future if that is what you want.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

888noxxi

to be honest, unless you can actually get the money released for me, then you cant help anyway, spouting off the terms and conditions is no help at all. over 58000 posts and your a volunteer? seems more like you get paid to do this. which i guess is fine for you, but this help community is a joke, its just as impotent as the customer service number.

I'm sorry to pick on you, I know you cant do anything about it, but your posts are just so self righteous.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@888noxxi

Nope i don't get paid you stupid person.

But i certainly don't care about your response.

I have given up my time on this board to the USERS of paypal for many years.

I have lost count of the number of folks i have saved from being scammed.

So when you save just ONE person from being scammed OR from being worried about where there money is then maybe you have the right to have a go at me.

Until then  byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

888noxxi

stupid person

Thanks

That may be true, but for months i've passed by this forum and all ive seen is you berating people for not reading the terms and conditions rather than agreeing that the shady practices are unfair.

56000 posts, and not getting paid for it, what a life you must lead

Login to Me Too

888noxxi

and also, ow do you justify the pending balances when the user is in good standing and not a new member? what then?

It is obviously paypal holding peoples money for interest, which is extremely shady.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@888noxxi

I don't justify anything, I think paypal customer services suck at times and certainly don't think they should hold payments for no reason.

But that is not what you want to hear is it?

Much better to have a pop at me when all i am doing is trying to help folks.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@888noxxi

56000 posts, and not getting paid for it, what a life you must lead

Yes over MANY years, and as a health care professional its normally a relief post work to come on here and help folks.

Most are great and are very grateful and i am happy to give up my time when not ''on call'' to help them.

Then there are folks like you.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.