Paypal refuges to pay postage expences

Hariton
Contributor
Contributor

I had a dispute with a merchant for an item not as described and Paypal advised me to return the product in order to get a refund from the seller,I followed all the instructions they gave me,the refund was credited to my card,but guess what.

PAYPAL does not cove the postage expences though it was clear that it was not my fault.

Also PAYPAL confused me with the email they sent to me plese read below both versions on the same email,first I am covered for postage,second I have to pay the postage myself,I asked them many times,no straight reply.

WHICH ONE IS CORRECT?

Why is paypal not covering the postage expences since it is not my mistake that the porduct is not as described but it is the seller's mistake?

Guess what,I will think twice before using paypal for my next purchase through the internet.

Please ship the items listed as "Granted" below back to the seller. The
items should be in their original condition and you are responsible for
shipping and handling costs.
After carefully reviewing your case, we've determined that you'll be
eligible for a refund (including handling and shipping) once you've
returned the merchandise to the seller
Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

They are both correct.

Paypal can only ever get you a refund of the money you have processed through them to the seller.

So they can get you back the item cost AND your original postage and packing fee.

But they cannot get you a refund of RETURN postage and packing fees.

Just the same as if you went on a bus to town and bought a shirt and then had to go back on the bus to return it..........the shop don't give you your bus fare !!!

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Hariton
Contributor
Contributor

I can accept to pay postage expenses if it is my fault,if the mistake is with the seller then Paypal has to change its rules and ask the seller to pay for this.

This way it will limit the cases of fraud and mishandling of customers and merchants will be more carefull if they try to deceive customers,the problem with chinese e-shops is growing bigger,they do anything for a sale,then they refuse to give you any further assistance.

If the want to have the guarrantee of Paypal they should accept responsibility when they are wrong.

Otherwise nobody will buy from them,I wouldn't if they did not have the paypal logo in their sites.

Paypal has agreed to pay my postage expences in the end,good for them,I hope they deduct this amount out of the seller's account.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Read the messages and my post again >>> paypal will not pay your return postage fees only your original postage fee you paid for the seller to send your item.

As i again said paypal CANNOT get you back any other payment than that which you processed through them and that is your ORIGINAL payment for the item and the postage costs for the seller to send the item to you.

If you bought from a merchant or business seller then it is up to you to pursue them for return postage costs via the small claims court etc.

That is not paypals responsibility as they did not choose who you bought from.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Hariton
Contributor
Contributor

Dear Hariton Tsopanos,

Thank you for contacting PayPal regarding your buyer claim, case PP-002-168-526-749.  I am happy to help you to resolve this issue.

I have read the email sent to you on February 14.  Please  note that  handling and shipping' refers to the costs involved in shipping the item to you.  A full refund of your payment means that you will get a refund of the amount paid for the item plus the amount the seller charged you for posting it to you.  The  buyer is always responsible to pay the postage costs when he returns an item to the seller.
However, Mr. Tsopanos, I understand that the wording in the email confused you.  As a goodwill gesture from PayPal, I have requested a once-off courtesy credit of 8.45 euro for you.  Please allow 1-2 days for this credit to be processed.

As you can read they will pay the postage expences,they already have.

Login to Me Too

Hariton
Contributor
Contributor

Another problem with one of theese scam chinese shops,I ordered a Pipo M1 case from www.ipadalternative.com.

They sent me a tottaly different case which was also damaged due to poor packaging,I decided to send it back to them,Paypal confirm that I will get my money back.

The problem with theese scam stores is that if we have to sent back the goods we have to pay register mail postage fees,Paypal should look into this and if the mistake is with the seller then the seller must pay for the return post expences and not the buyer.

The case costs 13 euros and the postage 8,24 euros,so I returned the case but lost almpst all my refund paying postage fees to a seller who intentionaly deceived me.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.