Error code #10417

j-souter
New Community Member

Hello. I am trying to pay for an item on ebay and I am getting the message :

We were not able to process your payment.
Please contact PayPal customer service for further assistance.
Error code #10417
I am well within my credit limit on my credit card and have made perchases on ebay with it before. I will get negative feedback because paypal will not allow my payment to be made.
I have 100% feedback so far and wish to keep that going.
This needs to be sorted prety soon.

Login to Me Too
30 REPLIES 30

Ibrar
Contributor
Contributor

Im having the exact same problem! did u manage to sort it out?

Login to Me Too

Ibrar
Contributor
Contributor

Mine has now been sorted, the reason was i did not update my new card details on paypal. Make sure your details on ur paypal are upto date and double check all the details are correct. Thanks

Login to Me Too

sallycryne
Contributor
Contributor

Im having the same problem Error code #10417(We were not able to process your payment) and all my details have been upedated

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi there sallycryne,

It sounds like your card is being declined.

I'd encourage you to contact your card issuer and speak to someone who deals with online payments to find out why this payment was denied.

Siobhan

Login to Me Too

LeeRoyUmbop
Contributor
Contributor

Error code #10417

ah bloody **bleep** been getting this message since the 1/10/11

i just want to pay for my ebay items!!!!!

least im not the only one getting the problem but could do with some answerers and feedback from paypal

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi there LeeRoyUmbop,

As advised this error message means your card is being declined by your issuing bank and you will need to speak to them on the reason why.

Siobhan

Login to Me Too

AbbbyCadaver

Ha! Yeah right! I used my card making several other purchases and even made a withdrawl at my bank with no problem today. IT'S PAYPAL'S  PROBLEM! Too many people are having the same problem for it to be a bank card problem. Stop blaming us and fix this!

Login to Me Too

girlie_buddy
Contributor
Contributor
I also have the same message Error 10417. Need to make the ebay payment right away..why is this happening? Could someone help me please??
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhán

It is not always a funds issue, we don't get a reason as to why your card is declined. Have a read through the other posts you will see people saying yes I checked with my bank and sorted the problem.

If you want clarification call us directly and we can advise on your account specifically.

Siobhan

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.