Paypal payment pending HELP!!!! :'(

StevenCole
New Community Member

I sold an item on ebay which then got removed but i received the payment and gave the item to the buyer now it says i cannot withdraw the money because the payment is pending & wont be able to receive the money until 21 days which is way too long as i need this money ASAP i am a bit of a newbie when it comes to ebay & paypal so i would like some help off someone please thanks 🙂

Login to Me Too
54 REPLIES 54

inneskerry
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I have got paypal and it's saying Total in GBP£6.99 but GBP available£0.00

I have been waiting ages for it to be available.

if you can help, that would be grateful 🙂

Login to Me Too

leighp
It really puts me off selling items on ebay,it use to be great as you got funds straight away but now takes ages for PayPal to release the pending payments.
Login to Me Too

Picket
Contributor
Contributor

@leighp wrote:
It really puts me off selling items on ebay,it use to be great as you got funds straight away but now takes ages for PayPal to release the pending payments.

I agree totally. I will not use PayPal again. I have been with them fornealy 16 years, 100% feedback on over 400 sales. I will still buy but never again use it to sell. We need to get under PP's skin & get them to rethink it through!

Login to Me Too

PaulBiddle
Contributor
Contributor

I sent an Item to a friend who is paying me on a layaway, he has the item, final payment was today, and now  I find its pending, how can I release the funds ??? 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@PaulBiddle

Sounds like the new seller hold  >>>

www.paypal.com/selfhelp/article/FAQ3236/2/?country.x=GB&locale.x=en_GB

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

anaksa73
Me too. After selling on eBay since 2003 my latest lot of sales detected a very old Paypal account of mine when I was listing and i that I hadn’t been using. We had been using my husbands .. now I’m considered new to PayPal grrrr how am I to post when I don’t have access to the postage payments . Ok if it’s one or so but multiples is a bit harsh !! Not happy when I have an outstanding feedback score since 2003 with eBay
Login to Me Too

sky_shrimp
Contributor
Contributor

My funds are on hold again too. My eBay account is in good order and has been for years. 

They take their fees immediately and occasionally put payments on hold to make further interest for themselves.

The reason why they charge that extra 20p on top of their fees is so they can profit on the small transactions too.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@sky_shrimp

he reason why they charge that extra 20p on top of their fees is so they can profit on the small transactions too.

Not true as if you sell low cost items you can use a micropayment paypal account.

Also paypal can't get interest on 'held' funds in a sellers paypal account.

If you are an Ebay seller and have been put back on the Ebay hold then you need to ask Ebay.

Ebay and Paypal are 2 separate companies that work together but they have 2 completely separate buyer protection policies for Ebay or non-Ebay transactions and Ebay authorise when paypal can release Ebay held funds.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@sky_shrimp

February 2008   Smiley Wink

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.