Paypal have transfered money from my bank account without my knowledge

panelope
Contributor
Contributor

i have recieved a message from paypal confirming a cash transfer from my bank account to my paypal account.my paypal account was not in debit having a zero balance.i have not requested such a transfer at all and having now just checked my paypal balance my account that the exact amount transfered is now a credit balance in mypaypal account.

how has this happened.

i have sent paypal a message together with the unique code and they have sent me an automated message which is completely unhelpful as it does notexplain the reason why

has anyone else experienced this and knows why this would happen

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Your best bet is to contact customer services using the options below. 

But first change your PayPal password. 

Also do a virus scan. 

Click on the words "Contact" at the bottom of your paypal account summary > click on the "call us" option on the left (fees "may" apply so check the cost with your phone tariff first, as you sometimes have to wait a while to connect).

When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent or say the word "agent".

OR have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?

It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

panelope
Contributor
Contributor

thankyou.i have messaged paypal website enquiries.an automated response asking me to look at their questions and awnsers does not awnser my question.i dont see why i should then pay to have them phone me  to explain why they have transfered money without my authority.it also seems odd that they should transfer money without prior asking me as i am not in debit.i have now asked the same question on their facebook page and look forward to their response

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

The phone option is free from most UK landlines as it's an 0800 number. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.