Paypal account shows monies paid but not taken from bank account

judexx
Contributor
Contributor

Dont really know where to go with this one but here goes and someone might have had a similiar experience!

I bought an item from an external company directed through Amazon.

Ordered and deferred payment after delivery on 15th December. Company sent computer generated 'thank you for order' email, no item delivered as stated on their page.

Paypal account states money was paid to the company and debited from my account on 29th December but no payment has been debited.

I have tried to contact the company by email 3 times to acknowledge order but no reply.

This item was over £100 and should have been a Xmas present so Im not happy but also no idea of what has happened to item or payment.

I realise its Xmas etc but this is an online company who is still open for business, am I worrying unnecessarily.

Any advice?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Apparition21
Contributor
Contributor
Hi Jude, No need to worry at all as Paypal never debit you're bank account instantly. There cover it there self on paypal credit and them begin processing to debit you're account. That way you get your item faster 🙂 . Don't pannic, check the site/retailer to check tracking/and or order status. Paypal are always here to help so ring them if you ever need help or advice. Happy new year
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

That sounds very odd if you bought it on the 15th december and they told you the money would be debited on the 29th and nothing has happened then contrary to the above poster i would defo be worried.

I think you need to contact customer services on this one especially as you have not got the item and its now 18 days later as something seems to be amiss.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

judexx
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the replies, I did manage to contact the retailer today and I was told they had received the queries I had emailed, also that a reply had been sent to me although I didnt get this - apparenty they had email problems over the Xmas [period!

The order was found and the sales person said the item had been lost by the courier and a nother was to be dispatched today.

Why oh why dont people communicate............couriers were closed over Xmas and re-opening today. I knew nothing and a lot of angst would have been saved if I had.

Hopefully it should turn up tomorrow, but the reason I ordered on the 15th was for a Xmas present and 24hr delivery was a certainty it would arrive...........or not.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.