Money on hold yet again

foxster999
Contributor
Contributor

I have made a succesfull deal on ebay were the buyer and seller are happy with the purchase. Both have left positive feedback and the item has been delivered succesfully.  yet my money in paypal is sitill on hold. im getting sick of this holding money for no apparent reason when i need to purchase other things on ebay and now i have to wait longer. There is no reason for paypal to hold the money any longer as ebay and paypal know the deal was done satifactory.. any help on this at all??

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@foxster999

Ebay and paypal are 2 separate companies with 2 separate policies as regards payment holds on and off Ebay.

So as its an Ebay hold suggest you ask Ebay when they are going to authorise your release of funds.

Feedback has no bearing on payment release and Ebays policy states when tracking shows the item as delivered + 3 days if you have supplied a tracking number / used Ebays shipping labels.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

foxster999
Contributor
Contributor

i have spoke to ebay and they say it has been released. i have had this problem before . Ebay blame paypal and paypal blame ebay.  the agent tols me that ebay has released the money.. last time i use any of these companies

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@foxster999

ok, your welcome.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

WeNeedAnAlt
Contributor
Contributor

Exactly same situation here mate, sold a PS4 Pro 8 days ago it arrived on the 20'th with tracking etc. Paypal just won't release the funds infact they flat out told me today it's going to be on hold for the full 21 days it's pure **bleep**.

Ebay have confirmed they authroised the release several days ago, so it's fully paypal at fault.

If I did this to someone I would be arrested. Just because these provide a service to people doesn't mean they have free regin to steal.

Login to Me Too

foxster999
Contributor
Contributor

yes a total joke.. i have been told now that the release date will be 13th feb. When it states on my paypal that it will be released on the 29th (two days time). paypal said that it was ok to send the parcel and mark it as sent.. haha but yet both buyer and seller are happy with the purchase the buyer has recieved and left positive feedback. i have got proof of delivery and an email from the customer saying he likes the item.. but paypal tell me its ok to send the item in a message hahaha. paypal said this after they reviewed my situation 2 days after i sent them a message stating the buyer has recieved.. positive feedback has been left.. proof of delivery and tracking number added.. but still they say its ok to send ... ridiculous. last time i use this company for anything

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.