Missing funds sent by email

Sonoffireball
New Community Member
Hi there, wonder if anyone can help me. A couple of weeks ago a friend of mine sent me an amount in USD totalling around £170. I haven't received the money but he is confident it has sent and he has sent me money the same way before. I have no problem accessing my PayPal account and as far as I can see the funds aren't there. I am however having trouble accessing the email account associated with my PayPal as it is one I rarely use. Is it possible that there's some kind of confirmation email waiting in my inbox that I need to access before I can get the funds? Or did my friend definitely missend the funds? Is there any way to see for sure whether my PayPal account has a pending transaction awaiting approval? I'd really appreciate any help as I'm in quite urgent need of the funds. Thanks
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Sonoffireball

Did he send in USD?

If so then is your UK paypal account set up to accept USD payments ie have you added it as an accepted currency?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Sonoffireball
New Community Member
Thanks for your reply. When I click on Wallet I get a zero balance in both GBP and USD so I'm assuming that means I'm set up to send both?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Sonoffireball

Yes but you are not sending are you, you are receiving.

Click on 'manage currencies' and see if USD is on the list.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.