Error code: 70266 10004

Stephania
Contributor
Contributor

Does anyone know what this error code refers to? When trying to pay for an item by PayPal (with 100% funds available in my accounts) I am getting this code and the message 'We were'nt able to process your PayPal payment'. No other explanation or clue as to why.

I wondered if it being a Bank Holiday had anything to do with it but I'm an experienced eBayer & have never had this come up before.

Thanks

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

figurebox
Contributor
Contributor

I am having the same problem and has been the case for the past 3 hours. I have 3 items awaiting payment and selected pay only this seller one the item i want to pay for and when i go to pay i get the error message.

Login to Me Too

ant73
Contributor
Contributor

Am also having same problem. Had this error message come up few days ago too. Never had a problem before paying via paypal,and also been buying and selling on ebay for years. 

Got a couple of items I'm desperate to get payment sent for, first payment went through no problem, nest item got this error code... Any idea whats going on..? 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Conor

Hi Stephania, figurebox and ant73,

That's strange. It sounds to me like our internal security model might be blocking thoses payments but we won't know for sure unless you contact us directly so we can pull up your account details.

I'm afraid I don't have access to that type of information through here you see.

Why don't you reach out to us on our other social media channels so we can investigate this for you all?

We are available 24/7 to answer private messages sent through our Facebook page (www.facebook.com/PayPalUK) and respond swiftly to any tweets directed towards @AskPayPal!

Hope this information helps,

Conor

Login to Me Too

I'm having the same problem today - ended up paying from my bank account as the paypal transaction just wouldn't go through which I don't want to do when I already have more than enough to pay for it in Paypal. Scrolling through the Help Forum looking for answers - sounds like this occurs fairly regularly without Paypal giving any indication of what this error code actually means (apart from Paypal says No), roughly how long does it take before the payment can be made and what has Paypal done to stop it happening again and again.

Annoyed me, that's all

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.