Cannot claim payment

hippyfishking
Contributor
Contributor

Received an email for an expected payment recently with a link to claim the payment. However when i try to claim it i simply get the response: 'This email address is already linked to a PayPal account. Please log in to your PayPal account with your primary email address to confirm that you received the money'. But i doesnt matter which email account I log in with the response is always the same and the payment doesnt show. Both addresses I use have been confirmed.

Please help.

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

minty1
Advisor
Advisor

Hi hippyfishking

Genuine ppal emails

Always address u as Dear Full Name

Never ask u to click on links/downloads/attachments

Never ask for personal/sensitive info

I suspect the email is fake

Forward it to spoof@paypal.com

Since u have clicked on the link cahnge your password and security questions now

When u get paid u will see the payment in your account

Never ship until u see cleared payment

Login to Me Too

hippyfishking
Contributor
Contributor

I know its not fake. I've been expecting the payment and I've had another email from the editor asking why I havent accepted it. This is the way I've recieved payment in the past without problems.

Login to Me Too

minty1
Advisor
Advisor

Are u sure they have sent it to the correct email address double check with the sender the address they have sent it to

I suggest u contact ppal direct if u dont think its fake and ask them why this is happening

Use the contact us email/phone us tab

Emailing can be slow sometimes

If u do call dont select any opttions just hold on until u speak to someone

Or https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Is it an international payment in another currency?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

hippyfishking
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah, it's in US dollars.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Thought that may be the case as if the email was wrong you would not have received a payment email to that email address.

Is your paypal account set up to receive dollars??

If not then go to your paypal account and to the right of where it says paypal balance click on the small words currency converter > in there is a drop down box that you can select a currency to add > select US dollars and the payment should hit your paypal account balance.

Then you can leave it there OR and use it to buy things from sellers that accept dollars or you can convert it to sterling HOWEVER currency conversion fees will apply.

If you want to convert go to the same place and the option to do so is in there.    

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

hippyfishking
Contributor
Contributor

Ok, added USD as a currency but the payment's still not showing and I only get the same error message when I try to claim it via the email link.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Then your best bet is to contact customer services >>

Click on the words "Contact us" at the bottom of paypal pages > click on the "call us" option on the left (fees "may" apply so check the cost with your phone tariff first, as you sometimes have to wait a while to connect).

When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent.

OR have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?

It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.