If a paypal claim expires, who keeps the money being held?

bendystraw
New Community Member

I had a buyer open a dispute against me, saying their package hadn't arrived in time. He or she sent me an email, but before I could respond they opened the dispute. I sent them an email apologising for the delay, explaining the reasons why it was delayed (paid by cheque, bought low shipping rate, distance etc). I also sent two replies through paypal to this buyer, but they're incommunicado. 

When my dispute ends in a few days, will I (the seller) keep the money being held, or will it go to the buyer?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

bendystraw -

Welcome to the Community!

Thank you for taking the time to work with your buyer - clear communication and a positive approach can go a long way towards keeping your customers happy.  Keep up that great work! 

If your buyer hasn't escalated their dispute to a claim, at the end of the dispute timeframe (20 days), the dispute automatically closes out.  At that point, it is considered resolved, and any held funds are released back to you.

Thanks!

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.