Help confirm email...Plz

williammay57
New Community Member

I just received an email from paypal asking me to confirm my email. Below are the instructions,,,,,,,,

as per step 2 I see no "Confirm Email" and I am not sure what you mean by "Active Account" I have already had 1 transaction go through my paypal account and I have another transaction is pending ...Isn't it a little late in the game to be confirming my email? Or did this email even come from paypal?

Just follow these 3 steps:
1.Login to your PayPal account at
www.paypal.ca
2.Select Confirm Email in the Activate Account section. Follow the instructions.
3.Keep an eye out for our email. When you get it, follow the instructions to stay connected.
Confirm Your Email
Forgot your password?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Olivia

Hi williammay57, and welcome to the forums!

I like to see this kind of caution when receiving an email! It shows you're keeping your wits about you, and that any fraudsters are going to have a tough time getting one over on you.

That said, this is very likely legitimate. 🙂

The best way to check it out is to open a fresh browser window, type in http://www.paypal.ca, and check out your email address to see if you've completed the confirmation process. If you're not immediately seeing the Activate Account section, try going to Profile, and see if there's an option to confirm your email address there. I'm guessing that it's currently unconfirmed, and that's why you've received instruction to complete the steps.

Please let us know if you have any more questions.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.