GST/HST when creating invoice it will only add one or the other,,,not both taxes

maxwell65
Contributor
Contributor

GST/HST when creating invoice it will only add one or the other,,,not both taxes,,,does anyone know how to create an invoice that adds both taxes,,,or is it a glitch in pay pals invoicing system

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

ShowCrafters
New Community Member

Hi, I would think that you are in Canada (GST/HST). A few of the provinces have a new tax - the HST which eliminates the 2 taxes.  I believe that you only have to charge PST if you are selling in your own province, Which province are you in, that may solve all your problems.

I also am new and have not even set up my shop - too many things to check first. 

Don't hesitate to send me a note, perhaps we could help each other a bit.

Login to Me Too

Hi, go to Create Invoice, Invoice Settings, then on the left side is Tax Info. Enter in the different tax names and percentages, and it will show up in your invoices for your product and for shipping.

Julie

Login to Me Too

mdonalds72

I don't think your solution works.  The problem is that the taxes are not calculated as separate line items on the invoice.  For example, if I want to bill a customer both GST and PST, I can only pick one or the other, not both (and yes, both are already listed in the tax table for me to choose).  This is an issue that Paypal needs to correct.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.