Add to Cart shipping amount problem

ParCaddy
Contributor
Contributor

I sell golf carts online - each box weighs about 60 lb - when the client orders using the Add to Cart button I have it set up to add  $40.00 shipping. Problem is if he orders two or more units the shipping cost remains at $40.00. I want the shipping cost to be $40.00 for each unit ordered. Is there a way to have the shipping amount multiplied by the quantity ordered?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Mike

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hello Preferences,

Welcome to the Forums.

You can set up shipping costs in your PayPal account by clicking on profile (under my account) and depending on which profile you have:

If you have the old profile -

You will click on Shipping calculations (under Selling Preferences), click start under Domestic Shipping methods, choose the currency and states you would like to ship to, click continue and choose your shipping type and below you will see -"What are shipping rates based on?", you can then set up your shipping to rates to be based off of total item quantity.  

If you have the new profile -

My Selling Tools, Shipping Calculations --- (click update), click start under Domestic Shipping methods, choose the currency and states you would like to ship to, click continue and choose your shipping type and below you will see -"What are shipping rates based on?", you can then set up your shipping to rates to be based off of total item quantity.

I hope this makes sense.  

Smiley HappyMisty

Login to Me Too

ParCaddy
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Misty:

Thank you for the response - however since I am located in Canada, the suggestions you made do not apply as the profile settings are different. My only choices seem to be flat rate shipping or percentage of total sale amount. I can't see a way to tie the shipping amount to qty ordered.

I hope you can access the Canadian paypal profile settings and help me with this.

Thanks for your efforts

Mike

Login to Me Too

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hello ParCaddy,

I do apologize for giving the wrong instructions for the profile in your account, you are right your only choices would be flat rate shipping or percentage of total sale amount. PayPal is working to improve the shipping options available for Canadian account.

Smiley HappyMisty

Login to Me Too

jarnailm
Contributor
Contributor

Hi PayPal_Misty,

I too have a similar problem with the Canadian version shipping tool. I would like to base the rates on weight of package. Do you know when the shipping tool will be upgraded?

Thanks.

Jarnail

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.